Our Creative Technologies department designs, prototypes, manufactures and installs all types of Interactive immersive experiences including special effects, lighting, AV and visual experiences for all sorts of attractions and theme parks installations. We offer a complete in house solution, media and show control systems, lighting effects, interactive electronics and audio systems.
- The Electronics Technician will work within the Creative Technologies department, this is a crucial role as you will be responsible for the design, development, programming, build and test integration of bespoke hardware and embedded systems and will work from an outline customer brief to produce functional practical solutions.
- The Electronic Technician will identify and migrate design risks and be responsible for the delivery of systems and interfaces within budget.
- All technician’s within the Creative Technologies department must be flexible and be able to travel the world in an installation and problem solving role as well as undertaking workshop based projects.
The Successful Applicant
- The Electronic Technician must have a degree in electronics / software and will have Previous experience of combined electronic and software design. Including PCB’s and prototyping.
- Experience of embedded electronics development & integration into larger systems.
- Arduino Shield interfacing and programming including motor, Ethernet, DMX and sound shields.
- Experience of Python, Unity, Android Apps programming would be desirable.
- DMX lighting and programming.
- Extra low voltage systems and installations.
- Enclosure and Panel fabrication & wiring.
- Electronics troubleshooting - use of multi-meters, circuit analysis, fault finding.
- Be able to read circuit, block or wiring diagram and schematics.
- The Electronic Technician must thrive under pressure, driven to deliver success, be organised, logical, methodical, creative, artistic and confident to try alternatives.
- Be keen to self-learn emerging technology, be Innovative in the application of solutions to challenges.
Working as part of a team
- To model a collaborative and influencing style of working, negotiating with others to achieve the best outcomes. Embedding this approach across Paragon Creative.
- You must enjoy working in a team and have good communication and interpersonal skill and have sound judgement and decision making skills.
- To role model and actively work to develop and maintain positive working relationships with internal and external customers.
- Share information, skills and experience with colleagues.
- Contribute to the development of effective team working within immediate and wider teams.
- To have a positive approach to problems.
Location of post
- Requirement to be flexible and able to travel to international locations as well as the UK.
If you feel you are the right candidate for this role, please send your CV and examples of work to email@example.com
Job Description - Electronics Technician (pdf 0.15mb)
View all our vacancies